- Day 1 - Identify the research question. Be specific.
- Day 2 - Timeline - create a timeline for the person identified in day 1. The timeline is used as a research guide.
- Day 3 - Use the census records to verify the timeline, and identify the gaps.
- Day 4 - Identify the religion of the person from day 1.
- Day 5 - Check familysearch wiki for the residence areas. This information can be used to supplement census data - and make the timeline more robust.
- Day 6 - Interview - since the relative is deceased, it'll be hard to interview him directly. However, other relatives know the person, and can provide some context for the research so far.
- Day 7 - Know the area - find out what resources may be available outside of databases. What resources, physical resources, exist?
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Week 1 Review - 31 Days to Better Genealogy
So, week 1 has flown by. And, the ideas, topics and learning has helped me to refocus my genealogical research.