Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 13, 2015 - 31 Days to Better Genealogy - Day 13


31 Days of Genealogy - Day 13

Day 13 - Use WorldCat.org

Your To-Do
Go to WorldCat.org and search for some families and locations that you're interested in. See what libraries have those books and make a plan for using them. I bet you'll be surprised at some of the materials you find!

*****

I've used ILL to locate and read books for YEARS! I have started making notes about search terms that "WORK" and those that don't work ... as well. I'd also add to check the hathitrust library ... old books, digitized ... here's one that I found, containing a biographical sketch of JR Richards, the father of Otis Hoover Richards http://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89084909530?urlappend=%3Bseq=258 

No comments:

Post a Comment