Sunday, October 4, 2015

October 4, 2015 - 31 Days to Better Genealogy - Day 4


31 Days to Better Genealogy - Day 4
Day 4 - Explore Your Ancestor's Religion

Your To-Do
Look at what you have on one of your ancestors and see if you can figure out his denomination (in general) and what specific church he might have attended. If you can determine the church, see if it's still in existence. If it is, contact them to see about obtaining records. If it isn't, contact the local genealogical or historical society to see if they know where the records are.

I hadn't thought of this before. It's always been one of those "things" that are just not thought about. I'll check the obituaries that I have an see if there is SOME mention of church there. I figure that would be ONE place to start.

I'll start digging into this one ... should be interesting and insightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment